During the last kingdom turn, Alexi was named Baronet of Olegdahl.
Now, the aftermath of the battle with the vampiric elf. Eva is cursed (-6 int). Alexi has been blood drained. We perform a bit of healing and then search the room.
We find stuff (recorded).
We gather the horses in doors on the bottom level of the central tower and set up a campfire in one door.
The darkness (extra darkness) seems to be a planar trait.
During the first watch, Alexi keeps seeing shadows moving in the darkness. During second watch, Gilain feels a hand on his shoulder and there he spots a pale woman in black and grey who steps back into the shadows and is gone. During third watch, Oweyn notices the darkness ‘effect’ start to fade during his second hour of watch. That was earlier than the last time we were in this location. Maybe the effect is weakening in some way.
The next morning Leanna identifies the elixir (elixir of love).
We spend half the day searching the rest of this Hex (1614).
The weather takes a turn for the worse (rain). Oewyn spots some writing in rain rivulets on a tree trunk and then fades, “The Harbinger Comes”.
We spend an hour or two building travois and start to transport the loot back to the Priomdahl.
We head west through Hex 1615 (not going through the grove). A few days later we make it back.
We took a total of about 2 weeks of travel and exploration – leaving 1 week of downtime activity.
Kingdom turn completed – 1 week
Downtime – Week 1
- Oweyn, Kaiden, Jhod, Elyn (and the Forrest Hawks) go on a hunt for meat
- Gilain is staying in Priomdahl to guard it
- Alexi, Ava, Leanna are going to Restov to research the Harbinger and sell the Elixir of Love.
- During the second day – Torrential snowfall covers the region – 1 foot of snowfall in 6 hours
- We cancel the hunt and deploy the Militia to help bring in the harvest (cost is 1 BP per week)
- Alexi, Ava and Leanna are one day on the road when the snow comes. They decide to turn back and encounter wolf pack.
- The citizens of the hex report wolf attacks. We’ll split the party – half (3) working with the Forrest Hawks to work on the wolf problem – half (4) working on the harvest with the deployed militia.
- Harvest – 34 rolled – Saved all the granaries
- Wolf Culling – 16 rolled – Center work on the farmlands – Source not found during the week – 13-14 citizens lost over 7 days – attacks trail off at the end of week
Downtime – Week 2
- Deploy militia and party to sweep through and cull wolves.
- Kaiden remains in town to coordinate
- Oewyn, Gilain, Jhod, Kestan, Akiros lead 24 militia each into the hexes
- Bet on which group comes back with most wolves tails get’s 3 gp per person (75 gp) from Gilain
- Elyin and Forrest Hawks will check out the border hexes
- Alexi, Ava and Leanna head to talk to the Old Beldame
- Conversing about the Harbinger, the Oak Grove closing their borders to us,
- Harbinger – in this scroll – Fae of Power – The Dusk Queen
- They stop by Melianse’s pond and she is still not there.
- Then head to Tiressia’s Grove and encounter Falchias at the edge.
Downtime – Week 3
- Forrest Hawks had a sweep and came across a caravan from the River Kingdom that was attacked by kobolds and jumped in to help. The kobolds were routed and split up and one group when to a staging area in a cave in Hex 1717.
- Nandarin Quin – half-elf – Leads the circus (carravan) – stoic – will probably end up wintering with us.
- The plan is to hit the staging area with the party and use the Forrest Hawks to cut off the lines of retreat.
- We’ll send a militia out to cull wolves (5 teams and collect 5 gp per wolf tail) 3 groups
- We take out the kobolds force and when the are dropped to 25% they flee and the Forest Hawks think they got all the stragglers.
- The kobolds had been raiding caravans – we recover 5 BP in supplies
- Intel: Missive to leader of Kobolds (Fighter 2/3) – written in Giant – crude scrawl (in blood?) – increase your activities – cut them off from other contacts – spread them out until they are on their own – signed H
- Old Beldame – info – Hags can control weather – Possibly the source?
- We have the option to level an edict – if the bounty is low enough – we could do a total of 1 BP
Kingdom Turn – Week 1
- Circus puts forth Winter Festival – Split profits with us
- Dahlia contacts Kaiden for a meeting – she could use the obelisk to combat the weather effects – it will require sacrifice (live stock)
- Forest Hawks will keep scouting
Week 2 – Ritual
- We visit the Old Beldame to consult on the ritual Dahlia proposed
- We are looking to do it small scale (as a test) in Hex 1518
- We evacuate the Hex
- By weeks end, the ritual will be performed
- Dahlia, Alexi, and Leana are in a tent with the obelisk ans the rest of the group is outside in case the hag (?) send something to disrupt the ritual. It doesn’t go as Dahlia thought and there is backlash. She is turned into something not human for a few seconds and then into a wolf for a few seconds.
- Dahlia learned things – the obelisk has a keystone and we need it.
- She recommends building a library from local books to aid in research.
Week 3 – Downtime week
- Members spent time on downtime activities
Week 4 – Winter Festival
- Going into this week, we level to 6th level.
REMINDER: Check on profession: kingdom skills to see if that boosts anything.